Southwest Florida’s Dependable Slate Roofing Services
Get the VIP Roof Treatment—Value, Integrity, Professionalism
Slate Roofing Specialists
If you have a more traditional style home and want it to stand out in the neighborhood, then consider slate roofing. Slate offers a very clean and elegant look to any home while providing superior protection against wind and fire.
CCA Roofing is Fort Myers’ roofing contractor committed to providing the best roofing experience for our customers. You can count on us to answer all your questions and assist you every step of the way.
Types of Slate Roofs We Install
Slate is typically mined in Italy. Because it is a natural rock, the slate roofs can be extremely heavy. Before installing a natural slate roof, you need to ensure your home can handle the weight. If your home can’t hold the weight, your home may be able to be retrofitted with the assistance of a structural engineer.
Synthetic slate tiles are less expensive than natural slate tiles and are also lighter. Shingle manufacturers make these tiles to imitate what a natural slate roof would look like. They’re actually asphalt tiles, and they have the same expected lifespan as an asphalt tile roof.
The Pros and Cons of Slate Roofing
When making your decision about the type of roofing you prefer, there will be pros and cons. It’s best to know what to expect.
Pros of Slate Roofing
- Gorgeous: Nothing says class and style like a slate roof.
- Durable: Probably the most durable roofing material money can buy, a new slate roof will last for generations.
- Long-lasting: Whether synthetic or natural, a slate roof is built for life. While not always the case, it’s not uncommon to see a stone slate roof over 100 years old.
Cons of Slate Roofing
- Weight: Stone slate is very heavy and will require your home to be reinforced.
- Installation: Natural slate is formed in layers and can easily crack if you step on it the wrong way. It’s important to hire a roofer who can properly install your slate roof with care and precision.
Slate Roof FAQs
What kinds of slate roofs are there?
You can find both natural slate and synthetic slate roofs. Natural slate is a lot heavier and costs more than synthetic slate. Our roofing specialists will be happy to help you decide if slate is the right choice for you!
What is the average lifespan of a slate roof?
Like tile, we’ve seen slate roofs last anywhere between 50-100 years when they are properly installed and well-maintained!
How do you maintain a slate roof?
Have your roof annually inspected. However, slate roofs are generally pretty low-maintenance.
Are you ready for a roof of the highest quality workmanship and at a fair price? We’re here to answer all your questions about our slate roofing options. Call CCA Roofing today to schedule your free estimate!